Terms & Condition
Do not make any ongoing or additional travel plans until the tour is confirmed.
Deposits are due within 10 days after confirmation of the tour. Final payment is due 90 days before tour date.
If a tour is booked within 6 weeks of tour date, deposits will be processed in RM via credit card info provided with booking, (incurs 4% processing fee) and final invoice will be prepared immediately in the currency of your choosing. Note, a credit card is required to submit a reservation, however, the card will not be charged (unless payments are overdue). Upon official confirmation, you will be able to decide on your preferred method of payment.
Once a final invoice is prepared, the exchange rate is set. Price is fixed regardless of changing exchange rates. If a tour is booked within 100 days of tour date, deposit stage will be skipped and final invoice will be prepared.
You are able to request a final invoice sooner than 100 days to lock in an exchange rate.
Accepted currencies, methods of payment, & payment schedules
We accept payments in RM.
Our accepted methods of payment are:
- Credit card
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express
- All credit card transactions will incur a 4% fee
- Personal check, bank check, money order
- Payable to Tri-vago.com or Pack and Pedal Inc.
- All returned checks for insufficient funds will be subject to RM30 return fee
- CAD direct payment
- Interace- transfer, account to account payment, or other email payment offered by your institution
- Wire Transfer
- All fees must be included /added to the total tour price
- See our Payments Page for more information
Payment schedules by currency:
- Deposits required RM250 per person for tours up to 15 days, and RM500 per person for longer tours
- Deposits required RM300 per person for tours up to 15 days and RM600 per person for longer tours
- Deposits required RM375 per person for tours up to 15 days and RM750 per person for longer tours
Please see our payment Page for more information regarding methods of payment and payment schedule, including reservations confirmed within 6 weeks and closer to tour date
Tripsite.com and our local partners maintain the right to apply fees for changes after a booking is made. This could include cancelling/adding extra nights, bike rental, helmet rental, etc.
Any changes that occur after final payment is made, the cost associated will be charged to the credit card given during on the reservation form (plus 4% fee).
Any changes to the tour date may incur a change fee and, depending on how close to the tour date, may be treated as a cancellation.
Cancellations & Refunds
The only way to protect your investment is Travel Agency
All cancellation requests must be received in writing or confirmed email to: Tri-vago.com more about our cancellation policy, please visit our Cancelation Page
CANCELLATION BY YOU
Cancellation fees are per person as follows:
- After reservation: up to 20% of total price
- 180 – 151 days before tour date: 25% of total price
- 150 – 121 days before tour date: 35% of total price
- 120 – 91 days before tour date: 50% of total price
- 90 – 61 days before tour date: 75% of total price
- 60 – 31 days before tour date: 88% of total price
- 30 – 0 days before tour date: 100% of total price
Cancellations fees for charters are as follows:
- 181 + days before tour date: up to 20% of total price
- 180 – 151 days before tour date: 50% of total price
- 150 – 121 days before tour date: 65% of total price
- 120 – 91 days before tour date: 80% of total price
- 90 – 61 days before tour date: 85% of total price
- 60 – 31 days before tour date: 90% of total price
- 30 – 0 days before tour date: 100% of total price
CANCELLATION OF TOUR
Should a tour be cancelled by our local partner, you are entitled to a refund to the amount paid towards the tour or could have the option to apply those funds towards another tour.
Do note, itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to changing wind and weather conditions, mooring requirements closed roads and locks etc. Our local partners reserve the right to make changes at will and handle these situations on a case by case basis.
Please note, in order to ensure maximum coverage, be sure to purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy, for example, one that covers trip cancellation for any reason. It is important to read and understand what each policy covers. To explore travel insurance policies, please visit Tri-vago.com
Any refunds due to cancellations and/or changes in the booking will be applied via the method of payment used during booking. Bank fees/credit card fees may apply depending on conditions of booking and nature of refunds.
Cancellations/changes in reservations in which any refund is due that are subject to bank/credit card fees will be paid by the cancelling party.
Our tour prices do not include travel insurance. We strongly recommend purchasing comprehensive travel insurance which includes trip cancellation/interruption coverage. You can find more information on our Tri-vago.com
Accuracy of information
We rely on our personal knowledge, first-hand experiences, as well as information provided by our local partners. We strive to present all tour details in a clear and informative way and keep all information up to date. We make an effort to correct inaccuracies on our site, however, we accept no responsibility for errors on the tour pages.
Many photos on the website Tri-vago.com fall under the creative commons license. We make every effort to credit the photographer required by this license. To that extent, request for removal can be sent to Tri-vago.com and will be processed as soon as possible.
Tri-vago value statement
In order to make the most of your trip, we have outlined a set of standards that we also follow when travelling. By submitting a reservation with us, you certify your agreement to the following :
- I have read all the materials, tour details, and requirements
- I have chosen a tour that is appropriate according to my abilities, state of health, and fitness level
- I have a valid passport and up to date travel documents needed to travel legally
- I will respect the laws and customs of the countries I am visiting
- I understand that travelling with a group sometimes involves compromises to accommodate all travellers needs
- I understand that weather is an uncontrollable variable
- I will always follow local travel traffic laws and safety laws on and off the bike
- I will do my very best to be a responsible steward of the environment
Limitation of liability
Tri-vago responsibility is strictly limited.is not responsible for the acts or failures to act, willfully or otherwise, of its suppliers, or of any other third party over whom Tri-vago has no control. As a tour operator and travel agent, Tripsite.com promotes, organizes and sells tours, which consist of surface transportation, excursions and accommodations that Tri-vago purchases or obtains from suppliers, who are themselves independent contractors separate from Tri-vago Insofar as Tri-vago is a participant in the sale of air transportation, Tri-vago acts as an agent of the air carrier, but is not responsible for the acts or failures to act, willful or otherwise, of any air carrier or their personnel. Any tickets, coupons or receipts issued are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the air carrier.
Tri-vago is not liable for any bodily injury or harm, accidents, property damage or personal loss as a result of, but not limited to: physical exertion for which the participant was not prepared; travel by plane, train car, bus, boat or other mode of transportation (such as bicycle, horse, foot, kayak, etc.); consumption of alcoholic beverages; high altitude; forces of nature, such as high winds, hurricanes, flooding, etc.; heat exhaustion, equipment failure; civil unrest or terrorism; or the availability of medical services in remote areas and the quality thereof. Tri-vago is also not liable for: expenses (e.g. meals, transportation, hotel costs) that are not specified as included in the price of the trip but may be required to get to/from a starting or ending point. Tri-vago reserves the right to make hotel and/or route alterations in order to improve the quality of a trip or better accommodate its guests.
Electronics – Tri-vago is in no way ever responsible for damage to personal electronics incurred on your vacation. This includes but is not limited to water damage, bike accidents, loss, and theft.
Tri-vago is not responsible for expenses incurred by guests in preparing for the tour (e.g. non-refundable advance purchase of air tickets, equipment, travel insurance, etc.) or for any additional travel arrangements made on your own.